9 Things To Do To Have The Best Day Possible
- Practice GRATITUDE. Give thanks for 3 things you are thankful for upon opening your eyes. Research shows numerous benefits to having a grateful demeanor: lower blood pressure, stronger immune system, improved relationships, less frustration, increased compassion, improved self-esteem.
- Hug your loved ones. It releases oxytocin that gives you that feeling of love and comfort. It also reduces cortisol which reduces stress. This practice includes pets; petting your dog or cat has the same effect on improving your health with lower blood pressure and increased immune function.
- Pray/Meditate/Affirm. Take time to give thanks, center yourself in your faith and affirm yourself with the truth of God. This will bring perspective, encouragement and focus of why you do what you do.
- Stretch. Animals are the best teachers as we watch their routine upon waking up. They naturally stretch and yawn to move their muscles and bring blood to their limbs and core.
- Drink a full glass of water. Hydrating upon getting out of bed helps to move the digestive process and helps to eliminate first thing in the morning. It sets your routine for consuming 8-10 glasses of water a day to keep your body functioning at it’s optimum and produce clean skin, hair and healthy digestion.
- Take a Cool Shower. Awaken your skin to a refreshing shower. If it’s too warm, it will relax your muscles and make you want to crawl back into bed.
- Smile. This is the best face lift you can give yourself. Did you know that smiling will release endorphins that can make you feel happy? It’s catchy the more smiles you give away, the more will come your way.
- Give. Look for ways to brighten someone’s day. Give a sincere compliment, pay for a meal, coffee or leave a larger tip than normal. Giving takes our focus off ourselves and promotes a loving mindset.
- Reach Out. Value your relationships. Share your time, talent and genuine interest with those you care about.
By: Sally Betters, Certified Life Coach